Mellanox InfiniBand and Ethernet Solutions Connect 297 Systems or 59% of Overall TOP500 Platforms, Demonstrating 12% Growth Year over Year (Nov’18-Nov’19); InfiniBand Accelerates 141 Systems, 12% Growth in 6 Months (June’19-Nov’19), Including Six of the Top Ten Supercomputers in the World and the Top Three; Mellanox 25 Gigabit and Faster Ethernet Solutions Connect 60% of Total Ethernet Systems, Representing 20% Growth Year over Year
Mellanox® Technologies, Ltd. (NASDAQ: MLNX) has announced that 200 gigabit per second HDR InfiniBand accelerates 31% of the new 2019 InfiniBand systems on November’s TOP500 supercomputing list, demonstrating market demand for faster data speeds and smart interconnect technologies. Moreover, HDR InfiniBand connects the fastest TOP500 supercomputer built in 2019. Overall, InfiniBand solutions interconnect 141 supercomputers, demonstrating 12% growth since the June 2019 TOP500 list. InfiniBand is used in six of the top ten High-Performance Computing (HPC) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) Supercomputers on the list, including the top three, and four of the top five.
Mellanox InfiniBand and Ethernet connect 297 systems, or 59% of overall TOP500 platforms, demonstrating 12% growth year over year, from November 2018 to November 2019. This includes all of the 141 InfiniBand systems, and most of the 25 gigabit and faster Ethernet platforms. Mellanox’s Ethernet solutions are used in 156 Ethernet systems on the list, or 60% of the total Ethernet platforms, demonstrating 20% growth year over year.
“We are proud to see the strong adoption of our 200 gigabit HDR InfiniBand solutions, representing the growing demands for faster data speeds, smart interconnect technologies and scalable performance. HDR InfiniBand made its first appearance on the June 2019 TOP500 list, and it now represents nearly a third of the new InfiniBand platforms, including the fastest TOP500 supercomputer built in 2019,” said Eyal Waldman, president and CEO of Mellanox Technologies. “Our InfiniBand and Ethernet solutions connect nearly 60% of the TOP500 platforms, demonstrating growth of 12% from the November 2018 TOP500 list. Mellanox 25 Gigabit or faster Ethernet solutions connect the majority of the Ethernet-based systems on the list, demonstrating the growing adoption of our Ethernet adapters, switches and cables for hyperscale, cloud and enterprise data centers.
We are excited to see how Mellanox’s world-leading InfiniBand and Ethernet solutions enable leading applications performance on premise or in the cloud, and enhance research, scientific discovery and product development. We continue working on our 400 gigabit NDR InfiniBand generation that will power the next generation of supercomputing and machine learning platforms, providing our customers with the competitive advantage they need.”
Published twice a year and publicly available at www.top500.org, the TOP500 list ranks the world’s most powerful computer systems according to the Linpack benchmark rating system. Key takeaways from the November 2019 list include:
- Mellanox connects 59% of overall TOP500 platforms (297 systems, InfiniBand and Ethernet), demonstrating 12% growth year over year (Nov’18-Nov’19)
- 200G HDR InfiniBand accelerates 31% of new InfiniBand systems on November’s TOP500, including fastest 2019-built TOP500 supercomputer
- InfiniBand accelerates the world’s fastest HPC/AI supercomputer – Oak Ridge National Laboratory ‘Summit’ supercomputer
- InfiniBand accelerates the top 3 supercomputers in the world – #1 (ORNL – USA), #2 (LLNL – USA), and #3 (Wuxi – China), and 6 of the top 10 – #5 (TACC – USA), #8 (AIST – Japan), and #10 (LLNL – USA)
- InfiniBand accelerates the fastest industrial supercomputer at Total Oil and Gas, #11 on the list
- InfiniBand connects 141 supercomputers, demonstrating 12% growth compared to the June 2019 TOP500 list
- Mellanox connects 156 Ethernet systems (25 gigabit and faster), or 60% of the total Ethernet systems – 20% growth year over year (Nov’18-Nov’19)
- InfiniBand is an ideal interconnect for HPC and AI infrastructures
- Mellanox Ethernet with RoCE is the superior choice for cloud and hyperscale platforms
A detailed TOP500 presentation can be found here: TOP500.