AMD has released the AMD EPYC™ 7003 Series CPUs, which includes the AMD EPYC 7763, claimed as the world’s highest-performing server processor2*. The new EPYC 7003 series processors help HPC, cloud and enterprise customers do more, faster, by delivering the best performance of any server CPU with 19% more instructions per clock3.
“With the launch of our 3rd Gen AMD EPYC processors, we are incredibly excited to deliver the fastest server CPU in the world. These processors extend our data center leadership and help customers solve today’s most complex IT challenges, while substantially growing our ecosystem,” said Forrest Norrod, senior vice president and general manager, Data Center and Embedded Solutions Business Group. “We not only double the performance over the competition in HPC, cloud and enterprise workloads with our newest server CPUs, but together with the AMD Instinct GPUs, we are breaking the exascale barrier in supercomputing and helping to tackle problems that have previously been beyond humanity’s reach.”
AMD EPYC Processors, Powering the Modern Data Center
Available immediately, AMD EPYC 7003 Series Processors have up to 64 “Zen 3” cores per processor and introduce new levels of per-core cache memory, while continuing to support the PCIe® 4 connectivity and class-leading memory bandwidth4 that defined the EPYC 7002 series CPUs. 3rd Gen AMD EPYC processors also include modern security features through AMD Infinity Guard and a new feature called Secure Encrypted Virtualization-Secure Nested Paging (SEV-SNP). SEV-SNP expands the existing SEV features on EPYC processors, adding strong memory integrity protection capabilities to help prevent malicious hypervisor-based attacks by creating an isolated execution environment.
All these features and capabilities combine to help drive faster time to results and improve business outcomes for HPC, cloud and enterprise customers.
- For HPC customers that demand the most throughput computing capabilities to do more simulations in a given time period, or use bigger data sets or more complex models, AMD EPYC 7003 Series processors enable faster time to discovery with more I/O5 and memory throughput, and powerful “Zen 3” cores that deliver up to twice the performance for HPC workloads compared to the competition6.
- For cloud providers who need compute density and security capabilities, AMD EPYC 7003 Series processors offer the highest core density7, advanced security features and up to 2X the integer performance compared to the competition8.
For the enterprise, where performance and time to value are critical to support the new “work from anywhere” environment, AMD EPYC 7003 Series processors help improve efficiency, and deliver value and performance. The new processors increase transactional database processing by up to 19%9, improve Hadoop big data analytic sorts by up to 60% with 61% better price/performance than the competition10, and offer superior performance for flexible Hyperconverged Infrastructure – all of which help CIOs turn data into actionable insights faster.
AMD EPYC 7003 Series Processor SKU Table
|Base Freq (GHz)||Max Boost Freq
(up to GHz12)
|L3 Cache (MB)||DDR Chan-
- Watch the AMD EPYC 7003 Series keynote
- Visit the AMD EPYC 7003 Series Processor Launch Page
- Learn more about the AMD EPYC 7003 Series Processors
- Read more about the ecosystem partners supporting AMD EPYC™ Processors
Follow AMD on Twitter