Total technology industry venture financing deals in February 2020 worth $646.45m were announced in China, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
The value marked a decrease of 33.9% over the previous month and a drop of 70.1% when compared with the last 12-month average of $2.16bn.
China held an 8.3% share of the global technology industry venture financing deal value that totalled $7.75bn in February 2020.
In terms of deal activity, China recorded 71 deals during February 2020, marking a decrease of 13.4% over the previous month and a drop of 47.8% over the 12-month average.
China technology industry venture financing deals in February 2020: Top deals
The top five technology industry venture financing deals accounted for 26.2% of the overall value during February 2020.
The combined value of the top five technology venture financing deals stood at $169.47m, against the overall value of $646.45m recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry deals of February 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
- Temasek Holdings (Private), Zhengxingu and Zhixin Capital’s $66m venture financing of Kaishu Story
- The $42m venture financing of Lai Network & Technology by Cathay Innovation, Lightspeed China Partners, Lightspeed Management Company and Wu Capital
- Bright Capital, GF Xinde Investment Management and Tencent Holdings’ $21.47m venture financing of Leyao Information Technology
- The $20m venture financing of Guangye Technology by Maixing Investment
- Gaocheng Capital’s venture financing of Beijing 51CTO Information Technology for $20m.