- Industry-first, multi-engine approach to advanced threat analysis—that also supports prevention—delivers critical layer of defence to protect organisations from increasing dangers of unknown threats identified in the Dell Security 2016 Threat Report
- Alarming rise in shape-shifting threat tactics and zero-day attacks drives strong customer and partner demand for Dell SonicWALL Capture Service
- At RSA Conference, Dell to demonstrate the unmatched ability of SonicWALL Capture ATP Service running on SonicWALL firewalls to not simply detect, but block, advanced threats at the gateway until a verdict is reached
Dell at RSA has announced the launch of the Dell SonicWALL Capture Advanced Threat Protection Service, which enhances organisations’ ability to safeguard against today’s shape-shifting cyber threats. Taking a first-to-market, adaptive, multi-engine sandboxing approach, Dell Security is incorporating the VMRay third-generation Analyser threat detection analysis engine with the Lastline Breach Detection platform and the Dell SonicWALL Sonic Sandbox threat analysis engine, to deliver a three-layer level of defence that organisations need to safeguard against today’s unknown threats. This new cloud offering reinforces the commitment Dell Security has made to delivering comprehensive protection against the meteoric growth of zero-day attacks targeting businesses today, as identified in the Dell Security 2015 Threat Report. The Dell SonicWall Capture Service will be showcased this week at RSA.
Today, organisations of every size are targeted by a diverse range of cyber criminals who continually seek, find and exploit security holes in applications and infrastructure to gain access to the network, often perpetrating serious harm within minutes. According to the newly published 2016 Dell Security Annual Threat Report, the Dell SonicWALL Threat Research Team documented a 73 percent increase in unique malware samples collected over the previous year. Most of these threats were targeted, evasive and zero-day attacks found across computing systems and devices
With smarter threats and malware often designed to detect the presence of a virtual sandbox and evade discovery, organisations need an intelligent, advanced threat detection system that not only analyses the behaviour of suspicious files, but also uncovers hidden malware without being detected itself.
Industry analyst firm Gartner stated, “IT risk and security leaders must invest in technical, procedural and human capabilities to detect when a compromise occurs. They must provide the tools for first responders to react quickly and investigate the source and impact of breaches, compromises and incidents.”
Evasion-proof protection against zero-day and advanced persistent threats
The triple combination of VMRay Analyser and Lastline Breach Detection with Dell SonicWALL Sonic Sandbox sandboxing engines, which analyses suspicious objects in parallel, delivers a virtually evasion-proof security solution that not only analyses the file and reports malicious file behaviour, but automates security by blocking malware at the gateway until a verdict is determined. SonicWALL Capture conducts not only virtual sandbox analysis, but also full system emulation and hypervisor-level analysis across all key OS environments, and file types for virtually any file size. Further infiltration of the identified malware/threat is prevented with fast deployment of remediation signatures through the Dell SonicWALL GRID, Dell Security’s cloud forensics platform that leverages real-time analytics from more than one million connected next-generation firewalls (NGFWs) worldwide. The service scales to specific organisational needs by leveraging the cloud subscription service delivery model, which works in concert with all Dell SonicWALL NGFWs.
Curtis Hutcheson, general manager, Dell Security
“With the new Dell SonicWALL Capture service, Dell Security is offering the most effective advanced persistent threat (APT) prevention solution in the market, and this service a significant proof point in our strategy to integrate best-of-breed partners into our Connected Security platform. It gives our customers and partners access to the latest leading detection technologies, integrated with Dell SonicWALL next-generation firewalls to provide more comprehensive and proactive security solutions.”
Patrick Sweeney, vice president, Product Management and Marketing, Dell Security
“The meteoric rise of various types of targeted, evasive and zero-day threats across computing systems and devices means both organisations and individuals have a keen interest in protecting themselves before these threats reach the point of destruction. With the launch of this advanced threat protection service, Dell Security is addressing our customers’ real and urgent need to detect these threats across every key attack vector, with a scalable service that quickly delivers value in any customer environment from the moment it’s turned on. It’s clear that today’s threat landscape requires more protection capability than it did even six months ago, and the overwhelming customer demand we have seen for this beta program coupled with strong initial results is evidence that this adaptive multi-technology/multi-vendor sandboxing service is the right approach to addressing this pressing need.”
Bob Randolph, IT systems administrator, Solano Family & Children’s Services
“As a non-profit organisation committed to providing the best child care possible in a teaching environment, we are committed to ensuring our child care network is as secure as possible based on limited resources. Fortunately, the Dell SonicWALL solutions have delivered that level of security and as an early beta customer of the new SonicWALL Capture ATP service offering, I can already see the anticipated benefits this new offering will contribute to ensuring that our overall security posture is intact and prepared unforeseen security threats. The multi-engine sandboxing approach gives me peace of mind that our network will remain secure from unforeseen threats.”
Carsten Willems, CEO, VMRay GmbH
“VMRay is providing a technology layer of threat analysis to the Dell SonicWALL Capture Advanced Threat Protection service that is a revolutionary departure from simply analysing a virtual machine (VM) inside a hypervisor. The VMRay Analyser is directly integrated into the hypervisor, delivering far greater scalability than other approaches. Because nothing is modified inside the virtual machine, the threat analysis process is invisible and cannot be evaded, increasing threat detection effectiveness.”
Brian Laing, vice president of product and business development, Lastline
“Lastline’s Deep Content Inspection™ enables Dell SonicWALL Capture ATP service to identify and respond to threats to the organisation. Lastline’s Deep Content Inspection leverages Full System Emulation to achieve full visibility into the CPU instructions executed and the memory locations accessed by the malware under analysis. Invisible to environmental aware malware, Lastline is able to identify and bypass sophisticated evasive techniques, such as the recognition of the sandbox environment, kernel-level exploits, and use of in-memory crypto.”
Michael Gray, director of Network Operations, Thrive Networks
“With network threats more common than ever, the three-layer defence offered by the Dell SonicWALL Capture Advanced Threat Protection service is extremely valuable both to our business and that of our customers. While malware attacks have continued to escalate in terms of quantity and sophistication, our customers expect us to regularly monitor network activities to provide the utmost in availability and uptime. The Dell SonicWALL ATP service’s multi-engine threat analysis capability represents a major differentiator for our company, enabling us to provide true peace of mind for our customers.”
- The Dell SonicWALL Capture ATP Service solution is currently in a comprehensive beta evaluation and will be available for purchase by mid-year 2016.
- The Dell SonicWALL Capture ATP Service solution will be showcased at the RSA Conference Feb. 29 – March 3 in San Francisco, Dell booth #1007.
- Sign up here to participate in the Dell SonicWALL Capture ATP Protection Service beta program.
- For more information on Dell SonicWALL Capture ATP Protection service, go here.
- Dell Security solutions are available worldwide, both direct and through channel partners.
- Join Dell Security for their RSA speaking session, “Threat Actor Pivoting and the Underground Market for Your Data,” on Wednesday, March 2, 10:20 – 10:50 a.m., North Exhibit Hall
- Join Dell Security for their RSA speaking session, “Are you Worthy? The Laws of Privileged Account Management,” on Friday, March 4, 11:30 a.m. – 12:10 p.m.
- Sign up here to participate in the Dell SonicWALL Capture ATP Protection Service beta program
- Register here for the upcoming Dell Security Peak Performance Channel Partner Virtual Event on March 17
- Dell Security: http://software.dell.com/govern-protect/
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/dellsecurity
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/dellsecurity
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/52461
- Dell Software YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/DellSoftwareVideo
 “Shift Cybersecurity Investment to Detection and Response,” Ayal Tirosh and Paul Proctor, January 7, 2016
Dell Inc. listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. For more information, visit www.dell.com.