ESET, a global pioneer in proactive protection for 25-years, has released its ‘Trends 2016: (In)Security Everywhere’ report. Based on intelligence gathered by ESET’s Research Laboratories, this report reveals important problems, events and challenges facing us in 2016. The ‘Trends 2016: (In)Security Everywhere’ report provides in-depth analysis of the following areas of concern:
- Internet of Things: how will increased interconnectivity impact businesses that consider information security key to maintaining their business operations?
- Ransomware: with new varieties and variants, this type of malware has become increasingly troublesome for both businesses and home users.
- Targeted attacks: how are cyberespionage kits and APTs likely to impact us in the future?
- Crimeware: what steps are necessary to protect against new malware families, techniques and campaigns?
- Haxposure: how big data breaches are impacting both companies and innocent victims?
- Mobile security: what can we expect from the trend of mobile malware?
- Windows 10: a look at the security features and user privacy.
- Critical infrastructure: analysing how critical systems are at increased risk.
- Law and regulations: how are standards impacting how we protect our systems and people?