Total technology industry venture financing deals in Q4 2019 worth $1.04bn were announced in India, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
The value marked a decrease of 3.5% over the previous quarter and a drop of 4.8% when compared with the last four-quarter average of $1.09bn.
India held a 3.02% share of the global technology industry venture financing deal value that totalled $34.43bn in Q4 2019.
In terms of deal activity, India recorded 112 deals during Q4 2019, marking a drop of 6.7% over the previous quarter and a drop of 5.1% over the last four-quarter average.
India technology industry venture financing deals in Q4 2019: Top deals
The top five technology industry venture financing deals accounted for 68.2% of the overall value during Q4 2019.
The combined value of the top five technology venture financing deals stood at $709.26m, against the overall value of $1.04bn recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry deals of Q4 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
- Altimeter Capital Management, Citi Ventures, DST Global, Footpath Ventures, GGV Capital, Hillhouse Capital Group, Lightspeed Management Company and Tencent Holdings’ $285m venture financing of Udaan.com
- The $150m venture financing of Freshworks Technologies by Accel, CapitalG, GV Management Co and Sequoia Capital India
- CDH Investments Fund Management, Leo Capital and Sequoia Capital China’s $148.26m venture financing of Bulbulshop Shopping Network
- The $70m venture financing of CarDekho by Autohome, Hillhouse Capital Group, Ping An Global Voyager Fund and Sequoia Capital Operations
- JS Capital, Prime Venture Partners, Tencent Holdings and Tiger Global Management’s venture financing of myGate for $56m.