Key Manager Plus Centralises Control of SSH Keys, Provides Visibility into SSH Environment, Regulates Privileged Access
- Consolidates, controls, manages, monitors, audits life cycle of SSH keys
- Rotates keys, tracks key-user relationship, tightens security, ensures compliance with IT regulations
ManageEngine has launched Key Manager Plus, a comprehensive, web-based, SSH key management solution at RSA Conference, 2016. Available immediately, the new product joins ManageEngine’s privileged identity management suite to help administrators take control of SSH keys. Key Manager Plus provides visibility into the SSH environment, enabling administrators to preempt breaches and compliance issues.
Safeguarding data in transit has always been a big challenge for security administrators. Most IT organisations today use SSH for remote administrative access and data transfer. While robust and convenient when compared to password-based authentication, SSH keys present some unique challenges. When keys are left unmonitored and unmanaged, organisations are vulnerable to cyber attacks. In the absence of an automated system, getting the list of all the keys in use, finding and restricting access privileges, and ensuring periodic rotation is a herculean task. ManageEngine Key Manager Plus solves those issues.
“SSH has become the protocol of choice for remote access to business-critical systems both within the corporate network and in the cloud,” said Rajesh Ganesan, Director of Product Management at ManageEngine. “With identity thefts and unauthorised privileged access lying at the root of modern day cyber attacks, managing the SSH key life cycle has become a significant aspect of privileged access management programs. With Key Manager Plus, we’re helping organisations deploy a complete privileged access management solution.”
Visibility and control over SSH environment
Key Manager Plus enables centralised management and visibility over the SSH keys across the network. Highlights of the new product include:
- Discovery: Discovers the SSH systems in the network, enumerates users, and finds existing private keys.
- Secure repository: Consolidates all discovered SSH keys and stores them in a secure, centralised repository for easy access and management.
- Centralised key creation and deployment: Centrally creates new public and private key pairs and associates private keys with their users. Deploys new or existing public keys on the required systems.
- Periodic rotation: Tightens security by periodically rotating key pairs and prevents their misuse.
- View key-user relationship: Provides a holistic view of the key to user relationship across the organisation.
- Direct connection to SSH systems: Enables users launch a direct, SSH connection with target systems using the SSH keys stored in Key Manager Plus.
- Audit and track: Audits and tracks all user activities and generate reports.
- Restrict and regulate access: Associates specific resources to users, establishes granular access controls.
- Remove unwanted keys: Helps delete any unwanted keys from the database, terminate access immediately, and prevent violations by obsolete accounts.
- Ensure compliance: Improves SSH key management and helps comply with industry regulations such as SOX, FISMA, PCI-DSS, NERC-CIP and HIPAA.
With Key Manager Plus added to its privileged identity management suite, ManageEngine now gives users the tools needed to consolidate, control, manage, monitor and audit the entire life cycle of all types of privileged identities – passwords and SSH keys alike. The suite also includes Password Manager Pro <https://www.manageengine.com/products/passwordmanagerpro/> , the company’s privileged password manager for enterprises that need privileged account management, remote access management and session management.
Pricing and Availability
Key Manager Plus (2.0) is available immediately. In addition to a fully functional, free 30-day evaluation edition, Key Manager Plus is available as a Free Edition, and Standard Edition. Free Edition allows you to have a maximum of five users (SSH user accounts). Standard Edition prices start at US$595 per year for 50 users. All editions can be downloaded directly from the ManageEngine website at https://www.manageengine.com/products/passwordmanagerpro/download.html, https://www.manageengine.com/products/key-manager/download.html.
About Key Manager Plus
ManageEngine Key Manager Plus is a web-based SSH key management solution that helps you consolidate, control, manage, monitor, and audit the entire life cycle of SSH (Secure Shell) keys. It provides visibility into the SSH environment and helps administrators take total control of the keys to preempt breaches and compliance issues. For more information on Key Manager Plus, visit https://www.manageengine.com/products/passwordmanagerpro/, https://www.manageengine.com/products/key-manager/
ManageEngine delivers the real-time IT management tools that empower IT teams to meet organisational needs for real-time services and support. Worldwide, established and emerging enterprises – including more than 60 percent of the Fortune 500 – rely on ManageEngine products <https://www.manageengine.com/products.html> to ensure the optimal performance of their critical IT infrastructure, including networks, servers, applications, desktops and more. ManageEngine is a division of Zoho Corporation <http://www.zohocorp.com/> with offices worldwide, including the United States, India, Singapore, Japan and China.
For more information, please visit http://buzz.manageengine.com/ ;