Dell has announced the Latitude 7220 Rugged Extreme tablet, which has been built to meet the demands of workers in harsh environments; from the factory floor to ambulances, desert sandstorms to Arctic conditions.
The lightest and most powerful rugged 12” tablet on the market today is designed to provide the mobility, durability and connectivity required to help field users and mobile workers stay productive, offering peace of mind for those in some of the dirtiest, wettest, most challenging and most critical workplaces.
Updated features include an enhanced 1000 NIT FHD display with anti-glare coatings, allowing customers to access and showcase their work even when out in direct sunlight. The screen is also glove responsive and multi-touch capable, ensuring ease of use while on the job.
The Latitude 7220 Rugged Extreme offers performance and connectivity for ultimate field productivity, including:
- High-performance processing power for the most in-demand field applications – The tablet can be configured to individual user needs, with options including the latest 8th Generation Intel Core Processors boasting up to 2TB of high performance and reliable PCIe solid state drives.
- Reliability and safety in extreme environments – The tablet has passed MIL-STD-810G/H testing and is also IP-65 rated for protection against dust, dirt, and water ingress, along with hazardous location Class 1 Div 2 certifications. Drop tested from 4 ft and tested to withstand -20 to 145 Fahrenheit temperatures, the tablet is built to support you whatever the environment.
- Uninterrupted power – Optional dual hot-swappable battery-architecture and on-the-go charging ecosystem for uninterrupted operation.
- Optimal Screen Interactivity – Anti-glare treatments on the 1000 NIT FHD displays provides excellent readability in all conditions. The new Rugged Active Pen and glove-capable multi-touch functionality enables a reliable pen and touch experience.
- Mission-critical connectivity – 802.11ax Wi-Fi, global 4G/LTE broadband and assignable RF pass-through options for WWAN, WLAN and GPS mean users can easily stay connected wherever they are.
- Integrated security features – A built-in infrared camera with Windows Hello facial recognition allows users to log in into their devices securely and easily. Optional next-generation fingerprint, contactless and contacted smartcard readers benefit those needing to balance the security of their data with user accessibility.
- Easy integration – IT managers will appreciate the ease of deployment – the Latitude 7220 Rugged Extreme tablet is compatible with most existing Latitude Rugged Extreme tablet vehicle and desk docks and previous generation accessories.
- Support services designed to make unplanned downtime a thing of the past – Dell Pro Support Plus service options include 24/7 access to the most experienced Dell technicians and same or next business day onsite repair after remote diagnosis.
“Dell Rugged customers are often operating in the most challenging, unpredictable environments out there, and constant access to their data can be vital to their roles. The new Latitude 7220 Rugged Extreme tablet offers the latest processors and several connectivity options in a compact, light device, perfect for those in the field,” comments Tom Tobul, vice president, Dell Specialty Products.
“The impact of reliable technology and connectivity options for Dell customers in these critical roles should not be underestimated. The tablet’s certification for use on FirstNet, and it’s Wi-Fi and broadband capabilities make it easier for first responders on scene to share live updates, which could help drastically improve the coordination of resources in emergency situations.”
 The Latitude 7220 Rugged Extreme Tablet is the lightest comparing starting weights and the most powerful when equipped with Intel® i7-8665U vPro™, 16GB RAM, Intel UHD Graphics 620, 2TB PCLe SSD (M.2) and 802.11ax WiFi. Based on Dell analysis of publicly available data, June 2019.
 Hard Drive capacity varies with preloaded material and will be less.
 Based on testing and certification to MIL-STD-810G/H, MIL-STD-461F/G, IEC 60529 (IP65) and ANSI/ISA.12.12.01 (Class 1, Div 2) standards, performed and reported independently by accredited testing companies.
 Subject to service provider’s broadband subscription and coverage area; speeds may vary. Additional charges will apply. Contact your service provider for details.
 Dell ProSupport Plus availability and terms vary by region and product. See dell.com/servicecontracts/global.
Onsite service availability varies by country, service and product purchased. Onsite service after remote diagnosis. Products that are not field serviceable would not be eligible for onsite support.