RIMS, the risk management society, announced that Rick Roberts, RF, ALCM, ARM, ARME, CPCU, will lead the Society as president for the 2015 term, effective January 1.
Mr. Roberts is the Director of Risk Management and Employee Benefits for Ensign-Bickford Industries, Inc. He has been a member of RIMS for 25 years and on its Board of Directors for seven years. Previously, Mr. Roberts served as the Society’s Vice President and Board liaison to RIMS External Affairs Committee. He is a member of RIMS Connecticut Valley Chapter where he served as the chapter’s president from 1997 to 1998.
“No two days as a risk professional are ever the same,” said Mr. Roberts. “Current events, new technologies and global initiatives continue to keep risk professionals searching for the latest industry information and best practices.
“RIMS greatest asset is its members, an engaged and generous network of professionals who willingly share their experiences to help colleagues better prepare their organizations for the unknown. With a focus on the Society’s long-term strategy, we will continue to strengthen our networks, enhancing our ability to deliver thought-leading content to the global risk management community.”
Officers on RIMS 2015 Board of Directors:
- President: Richard J. Roberts, Jr., RF, ALCM, ARM, ARME, CPCU; Director of Risk Management and Employee Benefits, Ensign-Bickford Industries, Inc.;
- Vice President: Julie C. Pemberton, ARM; Director, Enterprise Risk and Insurance Management, Outerwall Inc.;
- Treasurer: Robert Cartwright, Jr., CRM; Safety and Health Manager, Bridgestone Retail Operations, LLC;
- Corporate Secretary: Jennifer Santiago, ARM; Director of Insurance, Novartis Corporation.
New Board Member:
- Robert Zhang, China Risk and Compliance Manager, IKEA (China) Investment Co., Ltd.
Incumbent Board Members:
- Gordon Adams; Chief Risk Officer, Tri-Marine International, Inc.;
- Gloria Brosius; Director, Risk Management and Insurance Programs, Farm Credit Council Services, Inc.;
- Al Gorski; Chief Risk Officer, Orange County Transportation Authority;
- Leslie Lamb; Director, Global Risk Management, Cisco Systems, Inc.;
- Steve Pottle; Director, Risk Management Services, York University;
- Frederick J. Savage, FCII, ARM; Director, Risk Management (San Ramon), Chevron Corporation;
- Lori Seidenberg, RF, ARM; Senior Vice President, Insurance/Risk Management, Hunt Companies;
- Carolyn M. Snow, CPCU; Director, Risk Management, Humana Inc. (Ex-Officio);
- Janet Stein, Director, Risk Management & Insurance, University of Calgary.
For more information about RIMS leadership, visit http://www.rims.org/.